Joshua 1:6-9

Be strong and courageous, because you will lead these people to inherit the land I swore to their forefathers to give them. Be strong and very courageous. Be careful to obey all the law my servant Moses gave you; do not turn from it to the right or to the left, that you may be successful wherever you go. Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. Have i not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go."

Friday, February 26, 2010

He's almost here!!!!

I cant believe the day is almost here that we will get to hold our baby Samson in our arms! Its crazy that this time next week he will b here and either b napping or cuddled up with rich or i:) thinking about him and how great it will b to meet our firstborn son brings tears to my eyes!! i have been very emotional lately; i know some of it hormones but mostly anticipation and excitement.:)

The past 2 weeks have been hard cause i am definately wanting to "nest" and being on bedrest i am not able to do all the things i feel "have" to be done before samson gets here. I have been getting very fustrated but just trying to take one day at a time and have now realized that Samson will not care if the kitchen cabinets are perfectly organized and the hall closet cleaned out! Thankfully i have an amazing husband who loves to clean and has been working so hard to keep the house in good shape and doing all the things on our "before Samson" list:)

I would not have been able to survive this month and a half of being bed rest with out my mom. She is working less days so she can take care of me. On the days rich works i come over to my parents and hang,or mom comes to me. We go to costco and i drive the cart or we just hang and have tea or a latte and talk:) Besides my husband she is my best friend, and i have come to appreciate her even more during this time.

I am thankful for my friends who have come to visit and hang with me(and charlie and rich), and the ones that have brought us delicious meals:) Rich and i feel so blessed to have all of you in our lives and are extremely grateful!

I have read six and a half books in the last month, an amazing series called Mark of the Lion by Francine Rivers (i will have to blog about them later), and a completely different series called "lets eat cake." ( both books mich loaned me..we are forever book partners)i am now reading a book called Babywise and learning about feeding and napping schedules for baby.:) I have also been reading all sorts of cooking and decorating magazines my mom passes down to me and have lots of fun recipes to try when im off bed rest:) I have also redecorated the whole house in my mind during this time:)

i love that it has been so sunny here and everything is starting to bloom:) i cant wait to put Samson in his moby wrap and work in the yard:) I have pots i want to plant tulips and other flowers in and am gonna attempt to plant herbs as well:) We have a huge backyard, and we may tackle some landscaping back there as well:) Rich has dreams of a sports court:)

Rich's album is getting mixed and mastered as i write and we are so excited for the long awaited arrival of his first album:) if you want to download his first single and take a look at his website go to www.mullenmusic.com. He also is launching his own line of rubs for meats and veggies..its called Rich's rubs and seasonings...they are amazing. My favortie is the smokin house blend, and the pumpkin curry blend:) They are all handmade,natural,salt free or low salt and they are so good! He has started selling some and we have gotten good feedback! We are looking forward to selling them this late spring and summer at the farmers markets! Stay tuned for the website and more info on what markets he will be at this summer:) i think he will do fabulous especially with cute baby Samson strapped to his chest! i am so proud of him!

so that is what is going on with the Mullen's! I'll leave you all with my favorite Scripture i have been meditating on during this time..."You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast because he trusts in you." Isaiah 26:3

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to hear that you're doing well! Have a great last week being pregnant and then everything will change! It will be amazing! Can't wait to hear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! So happy to hear things are going well for you in these last days of your pregnancy. I am so excited for Samson's arrival!
    Let me know if you would like newborn photos, I just got some great birth announcement designs that you might like.
    I can't wait to hear your thoughts on the Mark of the Lion. I have been meaning to read those books for a while now.

    ReplyDelete