Joshua 1:6-9

Be strong and courageous, because you will lead these people to inherit the land I swore to their forefathers to give them. Be strong and very courageous. Be careful to obey all the law my servant Moses gave you; do not turn from it to the right or to the left, that you may be successful wherever you go. Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. Have i not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go."

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

God knows my name

i ran across this poem this morning, i wrote this a couple years ago while rich and i were on a road trip...i normally don't share my writings and poetry with anyone but rich, but i feel God wants me to share more of my heart, and to continue writing...

i was ten when i met you, you had always been there but i met you,
with tears and sadness,
you wiped them away,
with arms of love and a voice of truth, "Be still and know that i am," i inhaled, "God."
Your Spirit, the image of Your Son on the cross with my sadness piercing His hands and feet, kept me near to You.
I walked with You awhile, but slowly the intimacy faded as i pulled away,
i began to create an identity in the world, with a handful of Your truths,
trying to follow my own path of desires, which manifested confusion, deceit, anger, and that sadness i had already pierced Your hands with,
grieved Your Spirit so deep until i almost lost that sweet gentle voice that had once spoke,
"Be still and know that i am God," into my heart,
i cried out to You with all of me,
approaching Your throne humbly and confidently,
laying at your feet
The place i know i can always be at rest, at peace, and in love.
My hands are raised, my head is tilted towards You,my mind is free, my limbs unchained......
God knows my name.

See how Windows connects the people, information, and fun that are part of

No comments:

Post a Comment